COMMUNITY & SOCIAL IMPACT WITH ADDICTIONS
- Creating new ways of working and innovative service models – see evidence of our work with Action for Children on Guernsey
- Cross sector training to up-skill the multi-agency workforce in understanding substance misuse and mental health
- Complex specialist assessments for young people in residential homes or in secure units
- Transitions planning from secure or residential homes back to their local area including liaison, support and therapy for the family and liaison and referrals to the local agencies
- Complex specialist assessments in young person’s homes or in their local community
- Detailed treatment plans created by Youthinc, are reviewed regularly by the network of professionals working with the young person, this is also co-ordinated by Youthinc
- Outreach team support and liaison and co-ordination with different agencies at home for the young person and their family
Action for Children
AIMS & BACKGROUND
- to co-create a systemic model for service provision in a collaboration between Mental Health and Voluntary Sector organisations.
- to pilot a robust service delivery model for young people, meeting the RCPsych Practice Standards for Young People with Substance Misuse Problems
- comprehensive assessment
- a multi-modal systemic care plan
- a collaborative approach to work alongside families and other people in the young person’s network and coordinate interventions
- liaison with local youth services and other agencies
- Through monthly Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist supervision, we also provide awareness of pharmacological management of substance misuse and the range of coexisting mental health problems.
The service is for under 25 year olds, particularly focussing on 11-18 year olds and targets the following more vulnerable groups. The specialist co-ordinator in Action for Children, has a central role to work alongside high risk young people, coordinate interventions and connect with the family and local network. The service integrates a multi-faceted approach, with a range of interventions to support complex, high-risk young people and provide early intervention, and social-engagement approaches in the community.